Frequently Asked Questions

Question: Do I have to have a licence?


Yes. You will need a provisional licence category A from DVLA

Question: Is there a guaranteed pass scheme for CBT?


No. The majority of candidates usually complete the course in one day paying only standard rate. If another session is required this will be discussed on a personal basis.

Question: Do I need to pass a theory test before attending for CBT?


No, this is not a Legal Requirement, but a working knowledge of the Highway Code is essential for the complete novice.

Question: I have a driving licence for a car – do I need a CBT to ride a 50cc Moped?


If you passed your car driving test on or after 1 February 2001, you can ride a moped, but only if you complete a CBT course to confirm your full moped rights. You only need to do this once instead of repeating every two years – but keep the CBT certificate safe as it will be your only proof. Remember this only allows you to ride a 50cc moped – nothing larger.

If you passed your car driving test before 1 February 2001 you don't need to complete a CBT course to ride a moped. However, we and the Driving Standards Agency (DVSA) recommends that you do.

If you want to ride a motorcycle you must apply for a provisional motorcycle licence and then complete a CBT

Question: I am an EEC citizen residing in the UK. Will my car licence allow me to ride a bike?


No. Altough full licences are exchangable throughout the UK unless you have passed a motorcycle test in your own country, you will need to apply to DVLA Swansea for a provisional category 'A' licence, before you comence training.

Question: How long is a CBT course?


There is no set time to complete CBT course however, most people get through in one day. Occasionally a customer may need to come back another day, to carry on training.
This will all depend on how well they get on. The CBT course is completely safety orientated, so if you can’t complete all the stages on the day, then a rest, and a return later, is the best and safest way to progress. This is also a requirement of the DVSA.

Question: I have never ridden before – is this course OK for me?


Yes, however for those clients who wish to ride a manual bike (with clutch and gears) not having riden before, we recommend a pre CBT trial lesson.

Question: I don’t have a bike or any gear, can I still attend?


Yes. We have loan bikes and mopeds, plus helmets, gloves and jackets, catering for small to extra large sizes. Full use of these are included in our standart price.

Question: Can I train without the original copy of my driving Licence?


Sorry, but no. As the CBT is a legal requirement and regulated by the DVSA, we need to see your original licence (not a copy)
The paper counterpart is now no longer required, but you WILL need to bring a copy of your licence details from the DVLA website.

Question: Can I fail the CBT?


No. The CBT teaches you the skills you need to be competent and safe on the road. Then you have to show that you have listened and learned and can demonstrate that you can do it. If the required standard is NOT achieved, a further visit will required.

Question: I have not ever read the highway code – will you teach it to me on the day?


No – When you sign your licence you are stating that you have read and understood the highway code. You don’t need to be an expert but you will need to know road signs and what the traffic rules mean.

Please select

I want to book now
Please call us
Please email
Or fill this form
Useful Links
Also check our friends